Challenge no.17 - Essex Girls


*I considered not publishing this post, as basically I made a film, and due to me to losing my phone, I lost the film, however it was also filmed on my co-stars phone, so eventually we should be able to get the film posted.*

Re-create the film Essex Boys.

Set by Jamie Bowyer. Jamie and I met last year at college, he is friends with Puffin and a pretty awesome guy to have around. He did media at Cornwall College, made a film about a heroin addict which won an award at Falmouth Film Festival and he now he is completing a degree at Falmouth.
Jamie set me this challenge so I could appreciate the effort it takes to make a film, also because it is a fun challenge.

I was looking forward to this challenge. It was not going to require me to physically assert myself, embarrass myself or consume anything out of the ordinary.

I flexed my creative muscles and decided that seeing as I am an Essex girl and not an Essex boy, to remake the film using Essex girls and instead of drug dealing, the film was centered around dodgy shoe dealing.

The initial problem I encountered was that most of my Essex friends now live in London, therefore we were short of cast members, we were also lacking in props and choice of locations, however we were all set for tacky outfits and make-up.

I figured that as I did not have to make a full length film, it would take about an hour to film. I was so far off. I did not take into account the fact that my co-stars, Sophie and Misti, are total amateurs. God, whats a girl gotta do for some decent actresses who can get it right first take?!

Okay actually, they were awesome and I really can't blame them for laughing hysterically each time we tried to do a scene. When you eventually get to see the film, you will understand why.

ESSEX GIRLS, COMING TO A COMPUTER SCREEN NEAR YOU SOON.

Difficulty rating: Not too hard actaully
Fun Factor: Hilarious
Do this if... you have nothing else to do.

Challenge 17: Completed!

Holly

x

No comments:

Post a Comment