Challenge no.1


Challenge 1 - Get 100 people to appear in a seperate picture with me.

Set by my lifelong friend and extended family member, Misti

Misti said she set me this challenge because she knows I am a social person and she wanted to see just how social I am.

So was I able to persuade 100 people to appear in a seperate picture with me?

YES!

When I first recieved this task, I thought 'ha, how easy is that', oh how wrong I was. This was easy, yet surprisingly difficult to complete.

At 00.00 hours on April 3rd I headed out to a nightclub in Colchester so I could get the earliest start on this possible. I thought I would be able to get at least 50 photos done by 3am. However a combination of factors prevented this from happening.

This is shocking to say, but I actually felt nervous, I found it extremely difficult to ask people. I had visions of me asking a person to pose in a picture with me and I truly believed that what would then follow was them telling me 'F*CK OFF', they would then summon the bouncers to eject me from the club for bothering the fine clubbers. Okay maybe a little over the top, but a good imagination and negative outlook leads to exaggerated worst case scenarios.

Luckily my sister/photographer (Sophie) managed to bring me back to reality through use of common sense, positive thoughts and alcohol. So we went to find the first person and hey! We were on a roll! Just as I had stopped worrying how fat I looked and what pose to go for -to pout or not to pout? THAT is the question - the camera batteries died, such a shame, an overly confident topless blonde boy was just about to pose with me. However I was prepared for this I had an extra pair of batteries, what kind of fool do you take me for? Apparently the kind of fool who doesn't check to see if the batteries have already been used. Not to worry, Sophie had her camera with her, but then as I posed for another picture with another stranger, her camera batteries also died, we had no choice but to call it a night and head home.

I awoke some time in the afternoon, my first thought was one of horror and I filled with dread as I realised that I would have to try again and have to complete it by midnight.

I made sure I really was prepared this time, I had wrote out notes explaining what was I doing, so I would not have to shout in peoples ears, I brought EIGHT batteries, 1 shot of corkys and 1 pint of cider. I was ready to go. It was easier the second time round, not only because I had done it once, but Sophie made sure I was extremely well informed of the fact she did not want to be out late as she had work in the morning.

By 11.55pm we had taken the 100th picture!

Check them out below! I met some cheeky bouncers, beautiful ladies, some soldiers and some cool guys.






Some facts about this challenge.....

6 - number of people with their eyes closed
8 - number of batteries used
11 - number of people who were working when their photo was taken
54 - number of men I was photographed with
49 - number of women I was photographed with
103 - number of strangers I posed in a photo with!

Difficulty rating: harder than you think
Fun Factor: lots of high and lows
Do this if..... you want to pull!

Thanks to everyone who took a photo with me.

Holly

x

2 comments:

  1. Well done! Lots of nice men in there ;) Lovin' the new hair do by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha very good, short hair really suits you as well!

    ReplyDelete