Challenge no. 22 - How Nice!

Commit 3 random acts of kindness.

Set by Colin Hiles.

Colin is Puffins father, I therefore have to adore him as he partly created one of my favourite people in the world. He is a coach, speaker and writer, www.findingyoursmile.com , so he is all about the inspiration. He has been supportive throughout my challenges, as have most of you, but he is the first person to set me a challenge that is not selfish and will help others.

I racked my brains for this one. I really wanted the acts of kindness to be random, as was stated. So I was constantly on the look out for people to help.

Random Act of Kindness 1

I saw a very distressed looking person, a girl in about her 20's, she wasn't asking anyone for help, but looked as though she needed it, so I went to ask her if she was okay. She explained that she was lost and supposed to be on her way to a job interview and she didn't know where she was or what time it was and was worried she would be late. I can sympathise with this. Job interviews are stressful enough and if you are stressed about one thing it can quickly send you down a spiral of panic. I asked the girl where and what time her job interview was. She told me it was Angel and at 10am. I was heading to Angel myself and had to be there at 10am. So firstly I assured her she was not late and told her to follow me. We got on the tube together, I spent the time asking her if she was okay, where she was from, what the job interview was for, was she nervous? etc. I tried to reassure her that she would do brilliantly and that if she thought confidently and positively it would show. When we got to Angel I directed her to the place and reminded her of the way back, she was also from Essex and had to get back to Liverpool street, amazingly although I am directionally challenged I knew how to get to both the places she wanted to go. Must have been fate. When I left her she seemed a lot happier and calmer, I don't know if her job interview went well but I hope it did.

Random Act of Kindness 2

Walking back from a day at work experience I saw a woman drop a box and the contents scattered everywhere. So I helped her gather her items and put them back into the box.
This is a small act of kindness and I didn't even do it thinking 'oh yes, 1 of my acts of kindness done'. The reason I have included it is because once I stopped and helped her, so did other people and it wasn't a big thing to do, but the woman was very grateful and looked surprised that people were helping her.

Random Act of Kindness 3

I really couldn't think what to do for this one, until I was in a coffee shop. I had brought a cup of tea and a cookie and then it struck me, I decided to pay for the persons after me. I gave the assistant behind the counter 5 quid and told him I wanted it to pay for the next persons order. Again this is a very small act of kindness but I know from personal experience that if you are the recipient of something like this then it can literally turn your day around.

I like to think that I am kind person, however I have noticed, especially from the first act, that it is easy to walk on by and ignore people especially if you are in a rush or have your own worries playing on your mind. However if you stop and help people, it doesn't take long and it will make you feel happier, and it could make someones day or possibly effect thier future, for example if the first girl I helped managed to get the job then (and not being big-headed) but there's a possibly that part of the reason was because I helped her.

Difficulty rating: easy!
Fun factor: hmm, should change it to feel-good factor
Do this if... Just do it!!!

Challenge 22: Completed!

Holly

x

1 comment:

  1. Aw, that is really sweet. I hope you order at a coffee shop before me in the future :p

    ReplyDelete