Challenge no. 16 - SpiderHolly

Climb up a 20ft wall.

Set by Lloyd. I have already told you about Lloyd, the action man of my friends. He has completed that half marathon. I saw his medal and the photos, he doesn't even look likes he is breaking a sweat.

This another one I thought would be easy, I'm not afraid of heights and for some reason in my head, I see myself as some sort of action woman. The reality is far from it. Taking a risk is when I decide to go up an inch in stiletto height (I still haven't fully mastered the six-inchers).

One thing I was annoyed about was the outfit. I had to wear stupid jogging bottoms and the ugliest shoes you have ever seen in your life. On top of that I had to wear a harness, which actually I didn't mind as it was for my safety.

When we got to the climbing place, I had to sign a for saying that I understood the actitivty could result in injury or DEATH. Well I signed my life away.

At first when I saw the wall I was like 'hahaha' how easy is that, I started climbing yet what I didn't consider is that I am 5ft. Lloyd was telling me 'put your foot on that rock there, yeah the one by your hip' Somehow I managed it, I am very flexible. However the wall then leaned outwards, meaning I would be leaning back holding on to tiny little knobs. No, I didn't like it, regardless of the harness I didn't feel safe and wanted to come down, however Lloyd and his friend Tim wouldn't let me (they controlled the ropes, literally) so I refused to move and they eventually let me down. I then watched Lloyd and Tim climb some walls, which were a hell of a lot bigger than 20ft, they did it so easily! Lloyd then showed me this wall which had teeny little ledges poking out of it, literally an inch and less, as I stood there wondering what this wall was about, Lloyd put the tip of his index fingers on one of the tiny ledges and did pull ups. I stood there in shock.

I eventually managed to climb a wall, it was bigger than 20ft as well (I'm sure it was anyway). It was fun, I liked it when it didn't lean back. It took me about 3 minutes. I was very impressed with myself until Lloyd climbed the same wall in 30 seconds.

I did have videos and photos, but as my earlier entry states, I lost my phone, but I will try and get Lloyd to get a video of him climbing a wall so we can see how it should be done.

Difficulty rating: Kind of hard, yet definitely possible.
Fun factor: Very fun!
Do this if...you want to climb stuff?

Challenge 16: Completed!

Holly

x

No comments:

Post a Comment