Challenge no.6 - Cross my heart

Tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth for an entire day.

Set by my mother. I adore my mother, she is my role model. My mother is an RE teacher and she is like a wise owl. She is caring and funny and you will never meet anyone who works harder than her. She moved from Sunderland when she was younger and at one point she had a skinhead.

My mum set me this challenge so I could see how often people lie, even if it is just little white lies.

However, I knew this challenge was going to be easy. I am blunter than Lady Gaga's fringe. I hate telling lies, it's not that I'm bad at lying, because I'm really good. It's that I know how stupid I would feel if I got caught out, also how is anyone supposed to know what you want or the real you if you are constantly feeding them a load of balls? When I worked as a charity fundraiser, I only missed work once because I wanted to go to a festival, but did I put on a croaky voice and give an Oscar worthy performance? No! What kind of lady do you think I am, I am not conniving or sneaky, I phoned in and explained I REALLY wanted the day off to go to a festival, and the boss must have either loved my honesty or just loved me because a couple of hours later I was downing cans of Red Stripe and dancing to Dizzee Rascal.

As soon as my sisters realised that I was telling the truth all day, they began demanding whether or not I did steal that dress, or break that toy. They may as well have shone a light in my eyes and threatened to pull my fingernails out. It was a real grilling. Once they discovered that I had, in fact, been telling the truth for all those years, they were satisfied. Then Puffin phoned and checked that I really do love him. I do.



I am actually quite surprised I didn't get more people demanding the truth from me, but I guess ignorance is bliss.

There is not much to say about this challenge, I always tell the truth, even when I'm late for college, I just explain 'Sorry, Danny lost the keys to my cage', Okay that was a lie, but I do just tell the lecturers 'I was in bed'. I realised that sometimes I will say nothing rather than lie, when really a little white lie would actually be better and sometimes I do not need to be as honest as I am, especially if my honesty will lead to their tears.

Here is a video clip of Sophie asking me 5 personal questions....


How to spot a liar.....


1. Bringing the hand to the face, eg. to stroke the chin.

2. Look at their eye movements, if they look up in a different direction than usual, they are a dirty liar.

3. If they are maintaining eye contact, they are likely to be lying.

4. Look out for people's patterns, when they break it, they are lying.

Source:http://www.channel4.com/science/microsites/M/mindcontrol/secret_lying.html

Difficulty rating: it was a walk in the park

Fun Factor: My sisters questions were annoying

Do this if......you want people to know where they stand and to get what you want.

Challenge 6: Completed


Holly

x


P.S. Gents, Yes it DOES matter.


No comments:

Post a Comment