Challenge no.5 - The ugly truth


Leave the house wearing flat shoes, trousers and no make-up.

Set by Collette and Daisy. We have already covered Collette, so I shall tell you about Daisy. Daisy is my older sister, she is mother to Joey and Charlie, she is intelligent, one of my best friends and extremely beautiful. People think she looks like Kate Moss, but I think she makes Kate Moss look like trash. Daisy has naturally olive skin and huge almond shape eyes (I think she is the milkman's) so Daisy doesn't need make-up, but she does wear it, she is not one of those mums who can't be bothered to make an effort with their appearance. Definitely a MILF!
Collette said she set me this challenge so I would hopefully learn it isn't that bad to leave the house without being made-up. I think Daisy did this to torture me.

Some of you may think that this isn't much of a challenge, but that means that you really don't know me.

First of all I grew up in a female household, it was me, my mum and my two sisters. It was brilliant, regular shopping trips, we would fight over clothes but new purchases would ensure we were best friends again. To this day we still all lounge around like monkeys together, sniffing perfume, grooming each other, trying out each others new make-up (Daisy has a vibrating mascara!), parading around in new clothes and shoes to try and assert ourselves as the alpha female, whoever gets the biggest 'ahhhhh ohhhhh' wins.

My normal dress code is mini skirt/dress, stilettos (at least 3 inches) and a full face of make-up. I have been known to wear skinny jeans, I threw them out though and I own 1 pair of plimsolls and 1 pair of Ugg boots. These rarely get worn. They are used in case of emergency, like snow days, at festivals and when I've worn my heels down to the bone.

I also refuse to leave the house or even sit around the house without make-up on.
Make-up is like a burkha to me. It covers me up and Puffin did not see me without it until I knew he was really dedicated to me.

This challenge was worse than baring my soul, I was baring my naked face, in fact I would have preferred to go out in public fully naked than go out wearing flat shoes, jeans and a cosmetic free face.

I felt lost when choosing what to wear, I don't know how to look good in trousers and flat shoes. I selected an old pair of jeans and my plimsolls, I washed any remnants of make-up off and headed upstairs. Sophie and my mother were in shock. 'You don't even look like you!' they exclaimed with shock (and a bit of disgust).

I walked into town with Sophie for a shopping trip, she did not want to be seen with me, and suggested I should also try to complete the hobo challenge seeing as I look like one. I could barely walk with my head up. I was so embarrassed. I did not feel like my usual sparkly, happy or confident self. Not only did I not look like myself, I was not myself.

Every time I heard laughter I was convinced they were laughing at me. I normally love shopping, but today I just wanted to get back home as soon as possible. I couldn't even concentrate on shoes. I was too concerned with what people thought of me.



Sadly I can't say it got any better. I did not stop worrying about my appearance or other peoples thoughts, it constantly played on my mind and I was so relieved when I got back into my home. To the Aladdin's cave of make-up, it is on the mantle-piece (named, the make-up mantle) in boxes, in bags, you can't turn around without finding a lipgloss, mascara or some other gorgeous, precious item of deliciousness.

You could not pay me to attempt this challenge again. There are two pieces of advice I have received which have become like mantras to me, both from my mother 'a pair of high heels, a bit of mascara, some highlights and a push-bra is all you need.' Sound advice my friends. The other advice is 'charm will get you everything' it really does, so long as you have all the other stuff to go with it.

4 Simple Steps To Get The 'Holly' Look.....

1. Get some foundation, red lipstick, mascara (I recommend Max Factor 2000 calorie) - slap it on.
2. Get some hair bleach, don't wash off until your hair is practically white. You should aim for a colour so that your friends can use your hair as a guiding beacon of light.

3. Get a dress or skirt, if it comes anywhere near your knees, hack the bottom off, it should only just about cover your decency.

4. Put on the highest heels you can find, they must be stiletto and preferably peep-toes. If the shoes resemble something normally seen on a stripper you are on the right track.












Difficulty rating: HORRENDOUS
Fun Factor: No fun whatsoever
Do this if.....you want to feel crap about yourself
Challenge no.5: Completed!
Holly
x


No comments:

Post a Comment